Sunday, January 27, 2008

Bed Time...

OK, so bedtime around here has finally become somewhat routine. Getting Livia into her crib is the easy part... that's when she starts her little routine!


She likes to crawl around a bit, you know just in case I've forgotten in the last 15 minutes how good she is at it.


Then she gazes at her lights & sounds show... sometimes she'll even stand up and turn it on & off. And oh, she just smiles and giggles!


Then she plays a game with Mommy after I lay her down. It's a combination of peek-a-boo, making funny faces, and look what I can do with my legs! *FWOP, FWOP, FWOP!* (Taking both of her legs & flopping them hard onto the mattress)
I just love the funny face she's making here.

So does that mean she's finally ready to get going to sleep?

Oh, no way!!


"That's too funny, Mommy! It'll take a lot more than just 5 or 10 minutes to get me to sleep!"

Well, that's the time that I spend with her putting her in the crib. I then lay her down one last time (sometimes she actually stays put, other times she doesn't...) and I close the door to her room. She'll usually go to sleep all by herself within 10 or 15 minutes. And I always tip-toe in to cover her up & check on her one last time before I go to sleep. I love our little routine :o)
Love to all & God Bless!

1 comment:

Tanya Siekman said...

Yay for Routines .... makes for a happier mommy!

I couldn't have done it without my routines. I've having a hard time playing by their rules, instead of my rules since they're older now ... ouch!

Three against one isn't much fun when they tag team you!

Tanay