Monday, September 28, 2009

Jenny's Wedding

This past weekend was so amazing! As I was looking though photos, there were dozens I wanted to edit and write about, but for now I've just chosen a few of my favorites...

My absolute favorite being...

Brian & Jenny ~ Just Married!

I can hardly find the words to describe how stunning they are!

Before this weekend, I had never met Jenny in person. I knew she was absolutely gorgeous (from pictures), and upon formally meeting her in person, I found that she's even more beautiful on the inside. She's certainly a woman after my own heart on SO many things!

I unfortunately did not get a ton of pictures of Brian & Jenny, but I hope to do another post featuring what good photos I did snap.

The wedding day gave me ample opportunities to capture some cute shots of Liv...
 
Just before she jumped down & sprinted out of view!

And Liv with her Daddy
 
Grinning from ear-to-ear

And even one of all 3 of us!
 
We had such a wonderful time together  :o)

Perry caught this one of me & Livia...
 
See how much happier she is with her Daddy?? Liv just looks bored out of her gourd in this photo!

Well, after we had plenty of time to socialize, find our tables, and snap fun pictures it was time for the Bridal Party to make their grand entrance...

Though this picture doesn't include quite all of the members,
you can see that it was quite a party indeed!

Skip ahead to later in the night, for the dances...

This one certainly wasn't the most important,
but it sure was the cutest!
 
Livia's dancing with her 3rd cousin, Nora.
I fail to remember the other two little princesses' names!

Before the night got too awfully late, we wanted to make sure that we went upstairs to the Grandmothers' hotel room. This is a moment I've been dreaming of for more than two years now...

You see, Livia has not only her parents & grandparents, but she also has 2 Great-Grandmas (one on my side, one on my husband's)... And she even has a Great-Great-Grandma! I've been waiting for so long to get a photo with all 5 generations; I finally got my wish:
 
Perry, Livia, & her Papa Bill ...
With Great-Great-Grandma Beabout & Great-Grandma Evelyn!
 
Great-Great-Grandma will be 100 in February!

It was so amazing to talk to this woman - she's so spry & alert. And I've never seen anyone smile & laugh any more than she did. It was so sweet how excited she is about being 99 years old! I absolutely cannot wait until February -- her family will be throwing her a wonderful Birthday bash, and in the words of my husband, "We won't miss it for the world!!!"

Brian & Jenny had also wanted to say thank you & good-night to the Grandmothers before they retired for the night... So they actually excused themselves from their own wedding reception to come up and visit them while we were there! I had tears welled up in my eyes as I realized how big of a heart this young woman has (and Brian too). Jenny sweetly smiled as I snapped photo after photo of her and her new husband with all who were in the room.

And this was the icing on the cake:

 Me & Perry with Jenny, Liv, & Brian

Livia held her arms up to Jenny shortly before this picture and asked, "Hold me?" And Jenny immediately scooped her up. One of those moments that just absolutely melted my heart! I'm sure Brian already knows this, but he sure has a very special young woman.

And I certainly have quite an awesome husband as well... I know he's not huge into weddings, and I had to work super early in the morning on Saturday (which meant I slept pretty much the whole way to Ohio!) So he did almost all the driving. Which was more than 12 hours in less than 2 days -- just for our little family!

I love him so much I could just kiss him!

And I certainly did  :o)

(Fingers crossed, more to come about
Jenny's wedding later in the week!)

No comments: