Friday, February 5, 2010

Doppelganger

So this (and/or possibly last) week in the world of Facebook, it's "Doppelganger Week".

[I'm guessing the trend started last week on the coasts, but at any rate it has now trickled out here to the Midwest.]

But I digress...

So what is this Doppelganger I speak of? See what Wikipedia says : here

So, it's like your look-alike. Except for Doppelganger Week, Facebook people have been changing their profile pictures to the celebrity they've been told they look like.

So who is my Doppelganger???

No stinkin clue.

Yeah, that's not very fun at all. Is it?

OK, so to be fun & play in the game... I give you what I deem to be the closest celebrity to my Doppelganger:

~ Amanda Peet ~

She's the very first person anyone told me I looked like, and I definitely took it as a compliment. At the time, my hair was really quite blonde & couldn't imagine myself with Ms. Peet's dark brown hair. Now I don't even have to imagine! My hair's natural color is now quite dark brown. (Which reminds me... I need to get a hair appointment with my fav ever stylist next time I'm back in town.)

Others I've been 'told' I resemble: Uma Thurman, Hillary Swank, & Angelina Jolie's lips (and to that last one I scoff YEAH RIGHT!!! I can't hold a candle...). So, anyway there's my fun little bit of silliness...

OK, here comes one more:

Apparently people are also changing their status's on Facebook to another strange thing... Oh boy -- This one may take a while to explain...

The instructions are to go to UrbanDictionary.com, type in your first name, and copy & paste the 1st 'definition' that appears onto your status.

I actually did that... and now I feel dirty all over.

(I must BEG of you not to venture out much if any more on that website! And try to look ONLY at the definitions listed numerically! To put it nicely, it's just not a classy site...)

Anyway, my 'definition' is as follows: A women named Amanda is typically very beautiful with an incredible body and nice eyes. They are known to be very loveable. Amandas are envied by other women.

Certainly not the worst thing it could possibly say. In fact, all things considered, it's actually pretty nice.

NOW I'm off my little Facebook cross-over post! All future posts shall be dedicated to my wonderful God, our family, friends and/or my photography until further notice!

:o)

No comments: