Saturday, January 30, 2010

When I Knew

I've known for several months that moving to St. Louis was a definite possibility. There was one day in particular that I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that this really was what God wanted for us. That day was October 26, 2009. I remeber the date very well because I posted up a small blog entry on my KLOVE profile.

I showed that post to my huband late last night...

Moving...
Posted: 10/26/2009 08:31:04 PM

I got to thinking today, and in many ways we are always moving in relation to God. We're either moving closer to Him or further away from Him. Very rarely are we ever just standing still... Even if it's just a little bit of sway, we're almost always moving one way or the other. And though it's seemingly impossible to continually move closer to God, with Him all things are possible!
I think about my own personal life, and I remember how excited I was when I decided that I wanted to be baptized. I didn't think it would ever be possible to be more excited about God than I was at that moment in time. But the reality is that though I've had my good and bad days, I actually feel closer and more excited about my God now -- more than ever before! It's somewhat of the love you feel for your own child. You think you can't ever love them any more, but that love just keeps growing. And this is only but a shadow of how much our God LOVES US!!!! Our God is an AWESOME God!

The title says it all. Though nothing in the body even mentions the possibility of moving, deep in my heart I knew. I knew that this is what God wants for us.

This was weeks before my husband went to St. Louis for his face-to-face interview. God was already beginning to open my mind & heart to the possibility of a move.

Isn't it amazing how God works in our lives & hearts when we let Him?

:o)

No comments: